Casino bonuses are offered by online casinos to entice new players to sign up and to help keep existing players playing at their casino. The main type of bonuses that they offer are no deposit bonuses, welcome deposit packages (which include a variety of first deposit bonuses), and free spin bonuses for when players sign up or make their first deposit.
Top Welcome Casino Bonuses
The following is a list of South African online casinos that offer some incredible welcome bonuses and free casino bonuses.
- Sign up bonus 150% up to R2,250 Before Players are able to make a withdrawal, a minimum of 60X the wagering requirement must be made to use this free bonus. In addition to the standard wagering requirements applied to these games, please not the following games are excluded from wagering: All games with progressives jackpots, all Roulette MultiPlayer games, Caribbean Stud, Caribbean Draw, Caribbean Hold’em, Pai Gow Poker, Craps, Let Em Ride and Sic Bo. The bonus can only be claimed and redeemed once per Player, individual or household. If the Casino determines any Players to have opened multiple accounts in order to claim this bonus, any funds will be seized and the account will remain frozen.
- Sign up bonus 100% up to R1,500 Wagering requirements for our deposit bonus coupons are 30 times the sum of the deposit plus the bonus, unless otherwise stated. Wagering requirements must be fulfilled for each and every deposit bonus used. This rule will only be annulled after the customer’s balance has reached R0 again. The following games count towards fulfilling the wagering requirements for all bonuses (deposit and no-deposit): 7 Stud Poker, Bingo games, European Slot Poker, Keno, Pai Gow Poker, Scratch Cards and all Slots unless otherwise stated.
- Sign up bonus 100% up to R1,888 These promotions can not be used in conjunction with any other Silver Sands Casino promotion. Minimum wagering requirements are set at ten (10) times the cumulative amount of your purchase and bonus received before a withdrawal can be made. Eg: deposit R100, if a player receives R100 free, the player must wager R2000 (10 x R200) before requesting a cashout.
- Sign up bonus 200% up to R15,000 All players are limited to bets that do not exceed R50 per round and R5 per line when playing with an active bonus. Bonus Money (Match Offers of 100% & below) needs to be wagered through 50X by all Tier players before a player can make a withdrawal. For example: Deposit R100, get a 100% Match Bonus. To withdraw a player will need to wager R100 (Bonus amount) x 50 = R5,000. There are no maximum withdrawable limit on money won from a 100%, or less, match offer.
- Sign up bonus 100% up to R2,999 Minimum wagering requirements are set at thirty (30) times the cumulative amount of your purchase and bonus received before a withdrawal can be made. Eg: deposit R100, if a player receives R100 free, the player must wager R6000 (30 x R200) before requesting a cashout.
- Sign up bonus 100% up to R2,500 The minimum bonus amount for our deposit coupon codes is R25; the maximum bonus amount is R100, unless otherwise stated. The coupon codes are valid only for one deposit (unless otherwise stated). Deposit coupon codes must be entered before depositing and cannot be retroactively credited to any customer’s account.
- Sign up bonus 200% up to R20,000
- Sign up bonus 100% up to R3,000 New Player Welcome Bonus Terms – You may only claim one Welcome Offer (Welcome Package or Live Casino Bonus). To be eligible to claim the New Player Welcome Bonuses, players must deposit a minimum of R150 in one instance, for each bonus. Players need to wager the first four Welcome bonuses 40 times before they can withdraw the Bonus or any winnings gained from them. 20 Free Spins will be instantly credited upon qualifying deposit. Remainder will be credited at the rate of 20 per day for 9 days on Starburst.
Different Types of Casino Bonuses & How They Work
Browsing through casino bonuses can be incredibly intoxicating thanks to big numbers and equally big promises, but things aren’t always as they seem.
These days, there are a million-and-one different casino bonuses out there for players to claim, with each site promising a bigger bonus than the rest. But dig a little deeper, and the bonuses aren’t always as they first seem.
So, what are the typical casino bonuses that players should be expecting to claim and what are the essential bits in the terms and conditions that we need to understand?
Let’s take a look at the different types of casino bonus, how they work and what to look out for in the small print.
Typical Casino Bonuses
There are numerous different casino bonuses available for players to claim when playing at any of their favourite sites.
However, to cut through the fluff and go straight to the nerve, we’re going to take a look at the three most common bonuses at the majority of casinos.
A fixed bonus allows players to claim a one-value sum when meeting the specific criteria found in the terms and conditions.
Fixed bonuses may be as small as R10 or as much as R10,000 depending on the bonus and casino in question. A minimum deposit will often be required to protect the casino from players taking advantage of these fixed bonuses.
For example, if an online casino offers a R50 welcome bonus for all players depositing R50 or over, each player will receive the fixed R50 bonus irrespective of the amount wagered.
A match percentage bonus allows players to claim a percentage of their original deposit(s) as their bonus rather than a simple fixed amount.
Match percentages will vary from casino to casino and bonus to bonus, ranging from as little as 10% to as high as 1000%, adding the most value to those players depositing the largest amounts.
For example, if a bonus offers a 150% match bonus on their first deposit and a player chooses to add R20 to their bankroll, a R30 bonus will be added to their account, totalling R50 in playable funds.
Free spins are exactly what they say on the tin – they’re free spins that are awarded to players as a bonus, often for signing up with an online casino.
The free spins will often be awarded for use on one, or a limited handful, of different games, usually with high volatility to lessen the chances of players winning massive amounts.
Free spins will also come with criteria surrounding the maximum bet and maximum winnings for the spins. It’s not uncommon to have small maximum bets per spin as well a small maximum cap of winnings from the spins.
The Associated Terms & Conditions
It’s no secret that these bonuses aren’t usually quite as good as they seem, but it’s nothing a quick dive into the associated terms and conditions won’t clear up.
But what should you be looking for in the small print to keep yourself in with the chance of a great deal?
Wagering requirements are the single most important part of any gaming bonus.
Written as a multiplied figure (e.g. 45x), the wagering requirements let players know just how many times funds need to be wagered before any withdrawals can occur.
These terms can be enforced on the deposit, the bonus or a combination of the two so it’s important to know and to check – they can add up incredibly quickly.
Wagering requirements, frustratingly, don’t hold for all games offered in a bonus and players can often count on a game contribution table to throw a spanner in the works.
The game contribution table, such as the example below, will limit some games from contributing to the overall wagering requirements, meaning even more cash needs to be wagered before bonus funds can be withdrawn.
|Game category||Stake % Contribution|
|Slots (all varieties)||100%|
|Blackjack (all varieties)||10%|
|Roulette (all varieties)||10%|
|Casino Poker (all varieties)||10%|
|Baccarat (all varieties)||10%|
|Video Poker (all varieties)||10%|
|Craps (all varieties)||10%|
|All other games||100%|
Note: A 10% stake contribution means the wagering requirements multiply by a factor of 10.
There are countless other bits and pieces in the terms and conditions to look out for, but armed with the wagering requirements and game contribution table, the majority of knowledge is on your side.
Although there are a plethora of different promotions out there, we can narrow that down to the three main bonuses offered by online casinos.
However, it’s not the bonus that provides the most value, but the associated terms and conditions. By keeping an eye on the wagering requirements and game contribution, players can make the judgement for themselves whether a bonus is what it claims to be.
There are generous bonuses out there, but it’s up to the player to question the quality of each.