Gigantoonz is a space-themed video slot by Malta-based games developer Play’n GO. The title is the latest instalment in the Toonz series of slots, which also features Reactoonz, Reactoonz 2, and Dr. Toonz.
Our Recommended SA Sportsbooks
The following sportsbooks are licensed in South Africa and have a great selection of slots and casino games.
Those who have played the prequels will notice that Gigantoonz is very similar in design to the previous titles, and the wagering mechanic is pretty much the same. However, the game grid has been upgraded from 7×7 to 8×8 in Gigantoonz, and the developer also made some adjustments to the maths model.
Read our detailed review of the slot to find out what you should expect when playing the game online.
Gigantoonz Slot Setup & Symbols
Just like the previous instalments, the Gigantoonz slot is built around the theme of space and extraterrestrial beings. The game plays out on a grid with 8 reels and 8 rows. To the right of the reel-set is a Quantumeter, which activates four different modifiers when fully charged. A second meter, which displays the number of symbols in each winning cluster, sits on the left side of the screen.
When it comes to the pay table, the reel symbols in Gigantoonz are animated aliens. The aliens with one eye act as the lower symbols, while those with two eyes act as the premium symbols. The machine uses a Cluster Pays engine, which means that you have to form clusters of matching symbols to form a win. The minimum number of icons required to create a winning cluster is 6.
Gigantoonz has two types of Wild symbols.
Quantum Wilds can substitute for any of the regular symbols on the reels to form winning clusters.
These are special Wilds that only come into play when the Quantumeter is fully or 100/100 charged.
How to Play Gigantoonz Slot Online
Gigantoonz may appear complicated, but it is easy to learn, even for beginners. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to play the slot.
- Click on the -/+ controls on the dashboard to set your bet. The cost per spin of the game varies between R4 and R1,000.
- Press the Spin button to fire up the reels. You can also use the Space bar to spin manually if you’re playing on PC.
- For automatic spins, click on the Autoplay button and select 10, 20, 50, 75, or 100 auto-spins. You can also set win and loss limits using this feature.
- For the pay table, click on the information or (i) icon.
Gigantoonz Slot RTP & Variance
Gigantoonz has a theoretical RTP of 96.25%, although some versions of the slot have a lower payback rate. The volatility rating of the machine is 10 out of 10, which makes it a highly volatile game. Games with this maths model do not hit often, but the wins are decent when they come by. Highly volatile slots are ideal for players with a big budget.
Gigantoonz slot game has a number of different slot features.
The feature removes all winning symbols from the reel-set, making room for new ones to fall into their place. This goes on until no new winning cluster is formed.
The regular symbols may appear as giant symbols. The size of these Mega icons varies between 2×2 and 7×7.
All Mega symbols have a random value of attached to them. These values boost the charges collected on the Quantumeter when the Mega symbol forms a winning cluster. The Cluster values ranges between x2 and x13.
The feature adds 5 to 10 Quantum Wild symbols randomly to the reels, increasing your chances of forming a winning cluster.
The Quantumeter sits to the right side of the game board, collecting charges from winning clusters each time you form a win. Filling the Quantumeter activates the following modifiers:
- Disintegration: The modifier is activated when you collect 25 charges. When activated, four random symbol types will be selected and all similar icons will be removed from the screen.
- Metamorphosis: The modifier selects one alien symbol and transforms all corresponding icons into a different type of symbol. It is activated when you collect 50 charges.
- Radiation: Radiation is activated when you collect 75 charges. The modifier spawns 1 to 4 Mega Symbols and 2 to 5 Quantum Wilds symbols in random positions on the reels.
- Gargantoonz: The modifier comes into play when you collect 100 charges in a single spin. When activated, all Mega symbols on the reels transform into giant Gargantoon Wilds and you also get 2 to 4 small-sized Gargantoon Wilds. The Mega Gargantoonz stay on the reels for the entire duration of a spin, before transforming into smaller 1×1 Gargantoon Wilds for the next spin.
What is the Maximum Payout in Gigantoonz?
The maximum potential payout of the Gigantoonz slot is 4000 x the total bet. Find more slot reviews from Play’n GO here.