- Payout Speed
- Trust Factor
- Game Selection
ZAR Casino Introduction
Established in 2006, ZAR Casino is a South African online casino licensed by Curacao and dedicated to providing the best gaming experience possible.
The casino focused around a safari theme and there are big claims from the site with their self-proclamation of their own “big-five”, stating that the site is as:
- Majestic as Table Mountain.
- Powerful like the King of the Jungle.
- Notorious as the Hillbrow Tower.
- As big as our African Elephants.
- And as breath-taking as Chapman’s Peak Drive.
That’s a lot of similes to live up to, so let’s see how the site stacks up to their bold claims.
Software & Games Available
When it comes to software and games, it’s a minimalistic choice that’s been adopted by the site.
All games are provided by GO platform with GO, Nucleus and Rival games, offering exactly what you’d expect from a smaller online casino.
There’s no real complaints from these providers, but some of the slot games do appear to be very basic in design.
There are approximately 70-80 games available in total at ZAR Casino, a relatively small amount, especially when looking towards some of the competitive casinos on the market.
Players can see a full list of different games available below:
- Video Slots
- Table Games
- Video Poker
- Other Games
There’s a fully responsive and entirely modern website offering players the option to play from the comfort of their browser of choice on each of the following:
- Desktop (Windows + Mac)
- Tablet (Android + iPad)
There’s no clunky downloads or any potential malware to worry about, just log in and play.
Simple and exactly what we like to see.
Promotions & Bonuses
On to the promotions and bonuses available at ZAR Casino now and players will be pleased to see a delightful selection on offer at the site.
200% up to R15,000 First Deposit Bonus
Claim up to R15,000 on your first deposit with this 200% match bonus (Code: ZARWELCOME) plus 100 free spins on Big Game video slot (Code: ZARGAME).Claim Now!
Welcome to ZAR Casino – 200% Bonus +100 Free Spins
The first of the bonuses that most players will be itching to claim comes in the form of a welcome bonus and offers a giant bonus to new depositing players.
Newbies are able to claim a massive 200% up to R15,000 as well as a further 100 free spins to finishing things up. That’s as much as R22,500 to play with on your first deposit with the additional bonus of free spins to test out the slots.
To claim the bonus, simply create an account at ZAR Casino, head over to the deposit tab at the top bar, and make your deposit. Click on the bonus option and, when prompted, enter the first code below to claim the 200% match bonus. The second code can be then be entered to claim the 100 free spins.
Wagering requirements are enforced on the welcome bonus with a playthrough requirement of 40x the bonus value.
Coupon codes: ZARWELCOME, ZARGAME
There’s a daily bonus for every single day of the week at ZAR Casino with generous offerings to new and existing players no matter which day they choose to play.
Monday Moolah – 125% + 75% + 50%: Play one or play them all!
- PRIMA CHOICE: 125% Bonus (on a deposit of R100 or more)
- IN THE MIDDLE CYRIL: 75% Bonus (on a deposit between R50 and R99)
- BUDGET BOOSTER: 50% Bonus (on a deposit between R20 and R49)
- Code: ZARMON50
Choose Day! – 135% + 85% +50%: The choice is yours!
- EXTRA HOT: 135% Bonus (on a deposit of R100 or more)
- HOT: 85% Bonus (on a deposit between R50 and R99)
- MILD: 50% Bonus(on a deposit between R20 and R49)
Wednesday Lion’s Share – 150% +75% + 50%: Just pick and play!
- MUFASA: 150% Bonus (on a deposit of R100 or more)
- PUMBAA: 75% Bonus (on a deposit between R50 and R99)
- SCAR: 50% Bonus (on a deposit between R20 and R49)
Thursday Power Play – 150% + 100% + 40%: Pick a punch!
- PLATINUM: 150% Bonus (on a deposit of R100 or more)
- GOLD: 100% Bonus (on a deposit between R50 and R99)
- Code: ZARTHU100
- SILVER: 40% Bonus (on a deposit between R20 and R49)
- Code: ZARTHU40
Friday Freebies – 150% + 100% + 40%: Which suits you?
- HIGHWAY: 175% Bonus (on a deposit of R100 or more)
- Code: TOPZARVRY
- BYWAY: 100% Bonus (on a deposit between R50 and R99)
- Code: ZARVRY100
- STOFPAD: 50% Bonus (on a deposit between R20 and R49)
- Code: ZARVRY50
Saturday Special: 200% + 75% + 40% (+ Lucky Lotto Numbers!)
- LUCKY #1: 200% Bonus (on a deposit of R100 or more)
- Code: TOPZARSAT
- LUCKY #2: 75% Bonus (on a deposit between R50 and R99)
- Code: ZARSAT75
- LUCKY #3: 40% Bonus (on a deposit between R20 and R49)
- Code: ZARSAT40
Sunday Scorchers – 300% + 85% + 50%
- MAXI: 300% Bonus (on a deposit of R100 or more)
- Code: TOPZARSUN
- MIDI: 85% Bonus (on a deposit between R50 and R99)
- Code: ZARSUN85
- MINI: 50% Bonus (on a deposit between R20 and R49)
- Code: ZARSUN50
There are a few wagering requirements enforced on the daily bonuses available at ZAR Casino.
For matched bonuses offered at 100% or below, players will find a playthrough requirement of 50x before a withdrawal can be made. However, for matched deposit offers above 100%, players will find a requirement of 60x alongside a maximum withdrawal limit of R1,000.
Players should always read the small print before claiming a bonus.
Next up on the list of items to cover, it’s the loyalty rewards offered by ZAR Casino of which players will find a traditional comp points system alongside an additional cashback system.
A traditional comp points system
There is little in the way of information surrounding the loyalty scheme offered at ZAR Casino, however, a dive into the terms and conditions can pull up some interesting information.
Although comp points aren’t specifically mentioned, the site does appear to have five tiers of loyalty levels (from Rhinoceros to Leopard) with the maximum payouts being one of the most identifiable benefits.
- Rhinoceros Tier Players – Maximum payout of R1,000 per week until the total withdrawal amount has been paid in full.
- Elephant Tier Players – Maximum payout of R1,500 per week until the total withdrawal amount has been paid in full.
- Lion Tier Players – Maximum payout of R2,500 per week until the total withdrawal amount has been paid in full.
- Buffalo Tier Players – Maximum payout of R3,500 per week until the total withdrawal amount has been paid in full.
- Leopard Tier Players – Maximum payout of R5,000 per week until the total withdrawal amount has been paid in full.
Different loyalty level tiers hint at the prospect of a traditional comp system, but with no specific information to hand, it’s nothing more than a prediction.
For qualifying players who have not used a bonus, have a balance under R1 and have not made a withdrawal or withdrawal request in the last 30 days.
A unique cashback feature is offered to players using EFT to deposit allows players to claim as much as R100 in cashback bonus funds.
The bonus does come with a 40x wagering requirement and a maximum withdrawal from the cashback bonus sits at 10x the bonus amount with maximum withdrawals of R500.
Players who deposit between R20 to R50 are entitled to R5 free as a cashback option whereas players depositing above R50 qualify for larger 10% Cash Back.
Deposit & Payout Options for SA Players
- EFT Pay
A full list of quoted deposit methods can be seen below:
- All major credit and debit cards, EFT, Bitcoin,
A full list of quoted withdrawal methods can be seen below:
- Wire Transfer, Bitcoin
A full list of quoted withdrawal times can be seen below:
- Bank Transfers: 3-7 days
- Bitcoin: 0-1 hours
- Pending Time: 24-48 hours
Players will find different maximum weekly withdrawals from R1,000 to R5,000 depending on the loyalty level earned by the player at ZAR Casino.
Criticism / Controversies
No casino is perfect, and we do have a couple of criticisms surrounding the site that we’d love to see altered in the near future.
Lack of available games
First up, it’s the lack of available games at the site, and with just 70(ish) to choose, there’s just not quite enough to cut the mustard.
We’d love to see some more options and maybe a couple of extra providers to complete the games.
Lack of banking methods
As with the games available, when it comes to banking, there’s just not quite enough options to keep players very happy.
With additional deposit and withdrawal methods, things would be massively improved on this front.
When all is said and done, the “Big 5 Casino” offers a gaming experience that, unfortunately, feels a little on the unfinished side of things.
There are minimal banking options, not as many games as we’d like and the whole site just feels a little rushed. ZAR Casino does have the potential to become an impressive site in the future and the foundations are very much there with an identifiable theme and clear target market for South African players.
There’s nothing particularly offensive about the site, but there’s nothing that takes our breath away either.